- Select size of pom pom from the three options of maker. For larger pom poms, use all 3 sections, for smaller pom poms, only use the smallest section.
- Place both sides of the maker together ensuring that the grooves face each other.
- Begin winding yarn around the maker using hands. Wind yarn through the middle and around the outside of the maker.
- Continue winding ensuring even placement of yarn around the maker, until it is completely covered.
- Place scissors in the outside groove and cut wound yarn that lays around the outer edge.
- Draw a piece of yarn between the two sides of the makers and tie firmly around the stitches that meet in the centre hole.
- Carefully separate and remove pom pom maker from pom pom.
- Trim yarn until pom pom forms desired shape.